The purpose of this blog post is to provide the guidance and the steps needed to configure the Duo mobile app and OKTA Admin portal to ensure two-factor authentication (i.e. 2FA) is enabled which provides protection for your OKTA environment.
- For official DUO guidance, please review Duo and OKTA which can be found here.
- Log into the OKTA Admin Portal with your OKTA admin credentials and password.
3. Enter the employee username in the Search People field for which the 2FA method will apply to. Once the name populates, please click on it to proceed to the next step.
4. In order to configure the Duo mobile app to act as your primary 2FA method for OKTA moving forward, please select Reset Multifactor. Once this is done, please ask the intended employee to sign back into OKTA.
5. Select Setup and then the appropriate mobile device (iPhone or Android).
6. When prompted to do so, please scan the QR code on your laptop using the QR reader built into the Duo mobile app by select the + sign.
7. Please enter the OKTA one-time log in code (six digits, good for thirty seconds) when prompted to do so.
If I have missed anything or if you have any suggestions, please let me know.