The purpose of this blog post is to provide the guidance and the steps needed to create a Backup Repository in Veeam Backup & Replication (v12) using my Synology DS723+. I recently blogged about my new DS723+ and the links are found below for your convenience:
Let’s resume with Creating a Backup Repository in Veeam Backup & Replication v12:
- Log into your Veeam Backup and Replication v12 Console.
- Once you have successfully logged into the VBR console, please select Backup Infrastructure (in the lower left hand corner) and then select Backup Repositories in the upper left hand corner.
- Select Add Repository from the choices found under Backup Repository. Once the Add Backup Repository window appears, please select Network Attached Storage from the choices provided. Then select SMB Share from the choices found on the following screen.
- Provide a Backup Repository name at the New Backup Repository window, then select Next.
- Provide the Shared Folder name (or IP address for the NAS), tick the box to add the Access Credentials (you will be required to select Add if you have not previously used an account). If an account has been used successfully in the past, pull down the drop-down menu and select the appropriate account that has been used to access the NAS and then select Next. At the Repository screen, enter the path for the Repository followed by Next.
- For Mount Server, you have the option(s) to make any changes at this point. If no changes are required, please select Next.
- For Review, please ensure the components in place are valid and then select Apply to proceed. The settings will apply on the following window. Once they’ve done so successfully, please select Next.
- At the Summary window, please select Finish to complete the new Backup Repository. The new Backup Repository now appears in the Backup Repositories list.
Thank you to everyone at Veeam, the Veeam Vanguard Program, Synology and the #vCommunity for your support, including the opportunity to share my experience with you.
If you’re interested in anything related to Veeam on my blog, please click on this link and the same applies to any of my Synology content, please click here.
If I have missed anything or if you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Leave a Reply