The purpose of this blog post is to provide the guidance and the steps needed to install and configure the Veeam Agent for Linux (22.214.171.1242.BETA2) using the Veeam Backup & Replication server. The current version of the agent can be downloaded here including the build numbers for any GA release. For this post, Veeam Agent for Linux will be installed on a virtual machine running Ubuntu Linux.
As a reminder, Veeam Vanguards like myself have early access to new versions in beta format prior to them being released for GA. To learn more about the Veeam Vanguard program, please click here.
- Open the Veeam Backup & Replication console, select Home, Backup Job, and then Linux Computer:
- Select Server, Managed by backup server, and then Next to proceed:
- Enter a Name for the backup job and description, then select Next to proceed:
- Select Add, then Individual Computer. When prompted to Add Computer, please enter the host name or IP address, select a previously used Credential (or add a New one if necessary), then OK:
- Select your desired Backup Mode (Entire Computer, Volume Level Backup, or File Level Backup (slower), and then Next to proceed:
- Select your preferred Storage, and then Next to proceed:
- Select your desired options for Guess Processing, and then Next to proceed:
- Select your preferred Schedule, and then Apply to proceed:
- Review the Summary, and then select Finish.
Additionally, I would highly recommend Veeam’s new community program and here is where you can become a Veeam Legend.