The purpose of this blog post is to provide the guidance and the steps needed to create a Veeam Backup Job in Veeam Backup & Replication v12 Beta2. In order to accomplish this task, the following should be in place:
- A VM and\or server with Veeam Backup & Replication
- Virtual machines to backup
- A location to store backups (for example, a Synology NAS)
As a reminder, the following post was created based on the steps used in my home lab environment. Please use precaution when creating your backup jobs as each environment is unique.
- Launch the Veeam console, select Backup Job, and then Virtual Machine. Please keep in mind, the purpose of creating a Veeam backup job is to back up the current state of a virtual machine in a compressed form.
- Enter a name for the Backup Job and then select Next.
- Select Add, and then choose the Virtual Machine from the Add Objects pop-up window you intend to create the Backup Job for, followed by OK, and then Next.
- At the Storage window, select the Backup Repository where this virtual machine should be backed up to and then select Next to proceed. In this example, I am using my Synology NAS repository that I configured in this post.
- Select Next at the Guest Processing window to proceed with the default settings.
- Configure your desired schedule at the Schedule window and then select Apply to proceed.
- Review the Summary and then select Finish to confirm.
If I missed anything, please let me know. Also, please checkout similar Veeam related blog posts from my fellow Veeam Vanguards.
Additionally, I would highly recommend Veeam’s new community program and here is where you can become a Veeam Legend.
Leave a Reply