The purpose of this blog post is to provide the guidance and the steps needed to create a VMware vApp in vSphere 7. A vApp consists of one or more virtual machines that communicate over a network and use resources and services in a deployed environment. A vApp can contain multiple virtual machines.
To begin, a new vApp must be created within your vSphere 7 environment. Please follow the steps outlined in this guide to begin the process.
- Log into your vSphere 7 environment, select Hosts and Clusters from the vSphere Menu dropdown, right-click a data center and then select New vApp.
- Select Create a New vApp and then select Next.
- Enter a new vApp name and then select Next.
- Assign the appropriate resources at the Resource Allocation window and then select Next.
- Review the settings and then select Finish to confirm.
- The new vApp will be created shortly thereafter.
If I have missed anything or if you have any suggestions, please let me know.