The purpose of this blog post is to provide the guidance and the steps needed to install Zerto’s Virtual Replication Package (v8.5U3P1) for VMware. This application can be found and downloaded from the Zerto site. Please keep in mind you will need a Zerto account (free) to access this software.
- Double click the installer and then select Run to begin the software installation process.
- Select Next at the Welcome to the Zerto Software window.
- Check the box to Accept the License Agreement and then Next.
- At the Destination window, please select Next.
- For the Installation Type and for the purpose of this guide I will accept the defaults suggested by Zerto.
- Enter your vCenter Server credentials at the vCenter Server Connectivity window and then Next to proceed.
- Select Next at the Online Services and Zerto Mobile Application window to proceed.
- Once the validation steps are complete, please select Run to proceed.
- The Zerto Installer will then install the required components. Once it is complete, please select Run.
- At the Install Complete window, please check the box to Open the Zerto Virtual Manager Interface and then select Done.
- Once your browser launches into the Zerto Virtual Manager Interface window, please select Advanced and then click on the link that includes an IP address to proceed.
- When prompted, enter your Zerto Management username and password (aka vSphere Credentials).
- Select the appropriate option for your license and then select Start.
Once the license has been applied successfully, the Zerto Dashboard should open.
If I have missed anything or if you have any suggestions, please let me know.