Over the weekend, I decided to stand up a Windows DC (Domain Controller), install Veeam Backup & Replication (GA build 188.8.131.527) and test the concept of creating a new Physical Protection Infrastructure group in the v11 console.
Windows Domain Controller:
Windows 10 client:
Veeam Backup & Replication (GA build 184.108.40.2067) was used for this demo:
Once VBR v11 was installed, I proceeded to create a Veeam Protection Group in the console.
- Select Inventory from the list of options to choose from in the lower left-hand corner.
- Select Create Protection Group.
- Assign a name for the Protection Group.
- Please select the Microsoft Active Directory Objects option and then Next.
- Please select Add at the Active Directory window.
- Navigate to the Microsoft Active Directory domain you’d like to add and then select OK.
- Select Next to proceed.
- If there are no objects to exclude, please select Next.
- Select Add to specify the domain account to be used for all the hosts in this protection group and then select Next.
- Specify any options you desire at the Options window and then select Next.
- Review the settings and then select Apply.
- Once the installation and configuration are complete, please select Next.
- Select Finish to complete the wizard.
- The Agent Discovery session will begin. Please select Close once it is complete.
- The new Physical Infrastructure Protection group in the v11 console is found below.
For more information about Veeam, Tech Field Day and how to become a TFD – please click on the links below:
Please take a moment to subscribe to the YouTube channel which also includes watching the various videos that were posted throughout the day. Kudos to PrimeImage Media for recording the live sessions.
Additionally, I would highly recommend Veeam’s new community program and here is where you can become a Veeam Legend.