The purpose of this blog post is to provide the guidance and the steps needed to configure a Duo alias for an employee of your organization.
An example of this use case is a Mac user provided a corporate MacBook that includes multiple local Mac accounts. You may ask why multiple local Mac accounts? In some cases, a local standard Mac account and a local admin Mac account are included as part of the MacBook configuration.
For official DUO guidance including an overview, please click here.
- Log into the Duo Admin Portal with your Duo admin credentials and password.
2. Select Users on the left-hand side under Dashboard.
3. Under Users, please select the User this change will apply to. For the purpose of this guide, I chose jdoe (first box). The blocked fields that followed include the employee name (second box), employee email address (third box) and the date and time (fourth box).
4. Please click on + Add a username alias. The blocked fields that followed include the employee username (first box), the Organization’s name (second box) and the employee’s username (third box).
5. Enter the alias. In this example, the alias is jdoeadmin.
6. Scroll down the same window and then select Save Changes.
7. To confirm the changes have been applied, please select Users and then the username the change applied to.
If I have missed anything or if you have any suggestions, please let me know.