The purpose of this blog post is to provide the guidance and the steps needed to test the configuration of the Duo mobile app with your MacBook.
- For official DUO guidance for macOS, please review Duo Authentication for macOS found here.
- Select your Mac Username (i.e., John Appleseed), enter your Mac password and then the Enter key on your keyboard.
3. The DUO authentication prompt (see below) appears after you successfully enter your Mac Username and Mac password in step 2. The default authentication method is defaulted to during your enrollment process. My preference is Duo Push (see step 4).
4. A DUO Mobile Push Notification should appear on your mobile phone.
5. Select Approve on the DUO mobile app when prompted to do so in order to proceed with the login attempt on your MacBook.
6. If automatic push is disabled or if you click the Cancel button on the DUO authentication prompt, you can select a different device from the Device drop-down list (if you have enrolled more than one) or select any available factor to verify your identity to DUO.
- DUO Push: Send a request to your smartphone. You can use Duo Push if you have installed and activated Duo Mobile on your device.
- Call Me: Perform phone callback authentication.
- Passcode: Log in using a passcode generated with Duo Mobile.
If I have missed anything or if you have any suggestions, please let me know.