As promised, the news just keeps getting better! With great appreciation, I am happy to share with everyone that I’ve been accepted as a Cisco Champion for 2019. None of this would be possible without the wonderful support I continue to receive from Stephen Foskett and his team at Tech Field Day. Prior to joining the delegates in Santa Clara for #NFD19, I decided to look into the various programs offered by Cisco and then proceeded to apply for the Cisco Champion program but never thought this would be possible (at least not this quickly) but I’m thankful for this opportunity.
Back in November, I was fortunate enough to be included as a Tech Field Day delegate for #NFD19 which included a site visit to the Cisco campus in Santa Clara, California. The Cisco presentation can be found here.
If you’re interested in learning more about the Cisco #NFD19 experience for Tech Field day, please visit the following blogs written by fellow delegates. I was lucky to be surrounded by a group of well-known industry professionals and it’s only natural that I share their knowledge with you.
- Kevin Blackburn – Cisco Catalyst 9800 WLC – The Most Flexible WLC Yet
- Orhan Ergun – Will Cisco Viptela Continue To Be One Of The Leaders In SD-WAN ?
- Phil Gervasi – Hopeful with a Dash of Skepticism: Cisco 9800 Wireless Controllers
- Rob Coote – Cisco Catalyst Wifi, Take Two
- Pete Welcher – CISCO AGGRESSIVELY UPS ITS SD-WAN GAME
If you’re interested in learning more about the Cisco Champion program, please click here. While the applications for 2019 are now closed, I would highly suggest following Andi Fisher, Brett Shore, Lauren Friedman, Cisco and Cisco Champion on Twitter so you’ll be the first to know when the 2020 applications open later this fall.
The Cisco Champion FAQ can be found here but a few of the benefits are listed below:
- Special access to certain technology groups and executives
- Access to Champion-specific training
- Invitations to provide feedback to Cisco on various topics
- Access to a private online community and WebEx Teams space for Cisco Champions
- Sneak peeks at upcoming solutions
- Participation in Cisco Champions Radio (a podcast for Cisco Champions to ask tough questions of Cisco experts)
- A digital Cisco Champion badge that can be used in email signatures, websites, and social networks during the membership years.
For more information about Cisco, Tech Field Day and how to become a TFD – please click on the links below:
As I mentioned in my 2018 Year In Review, without hope none of this would be possible. Take on the challenge and help others in similar situations. It will make you a better person professionally but more importantly, you’ll be a better person. The #vCommunity is there to help and in return, do your part and #PayItForward.
“For fate has a way of charting its own course, but before one surrenders to the hands of destiny, one might consider the power of the human spirit and the force that lies in one’s own free will” Lost/The Final Chapter 2010.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask via Twitter.