We started the day by meeting as a group that included Commvault employees for lunch at the Bavarian Bierhaus. This served as a great opportunity to get to know one another and the topics ranged from tech and sports which included baseball and football.
Once lunch was complete, we headed back over to the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center to begin our Field Presentations. If you missed the live stream, the recording can be found on the Tech Field Day YouTube channel.
Bill Wohl from Commvault started the session off by providing us with an overview on what to expect throughout the afternoon which included:
- New product announcements
- Current Commvault customers including Gaylord Hotels and Tractor Supply
- Expectations for the Wednesday and Thursday keynotes
- Go Village which covers the show floor, 150+ breakout sessions, Hands On Labs and One on One with Commvault Experts
- Wednesday’s session will include Steve Connell & Bill Nye. For more information about both guests, please click here.
- Bob Hammer (Commvault President & CEO) & Al Bunte (COO) are scheduled to attend Wednesday’s keynote and each of their company profiles can be found here.
- Allisa Henley will also join the Wednesday session and discuss her role as a woman in tech.
Don Foster (World Wide Head of Solution Marketing for Commvault) was up next and provided the audience with a discussion focused on “The New Commvault”. This included the following:
- aaS Portfolio (As-A-Service)
- New appliances to extend the power of Scale-Out
- The Commvault Command Center (software that is used to proactively push alerting and reporting)
- Commvault Activate which allows for data extraction that enables easier decision making for the customer
- Commvault sponsor levels which includes: Diamond, Cloud, Ruby, Emerald and Kryptonite
- Customer challenges
- Advance Pillars (Operational Model, Partners and Tools)
- Commvault Packaging options:
- Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery
- Commvault HyperScale
- Commvault Orchestrate
- Commvault Activate
- Self-Driving Backup
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine learning
- Defining a baseline for success
- File activity
- Job runtime
- Event activity
- Learning from prior data
- Identifying outliers
Jeremy Allen provided with additional information as it applies to Pricing & Packaging which focused on 3 keywords:
At the conclusion of the Tech Field Day presentations, the group was fortunate enough to tour the Expo Hall prior to it being open to the public tomorrow.
Shortly thereafter, we were invited to the CEO’s Reception which was being held at Jack Daniel’s Lounge.
Pictures for the lunch, Expo Hall tour, CEO reception and the Tech Field Day presentations can be found here.